Second Annual Edible Book Festival Results!!!
Our second annual Edible Book Festival was held in the Hatfield Room on March 15th, 2013, in conjunction with the annual International Edible Book Festival. There were nearly twice as many entries this year, so a big thank you goes to all of our participants. The Statesman Journal also provided wonderful photos of the exhibits and even a video interview of how Kimberly Miller and her collaborators created “The Monster Book of Monsters” in the March 15th edition of the newspaper. Below are photos of the entries, the winners, and photos during the judging and awards ceremony.
- People’s Choice – “The Monster Book of Monsters” by Kimberly Miller, Audrey Kaltenbach and Matt Bateman.
- Best Student Entry – “One Cake to Rule Them All” by Kelsey Kinavey.
- Most Creative – “Lord of Pies” by Kelly Slaughter.
- Most Literary – (Tie) “The Picture of Dorian Souffle” by Maureen Ricks; “Lay’s Miserables” by Katie Mariman.
- Punniest – (Three-way tie) “Their Fries Were Watching Cod” by Sophie Hearn; “Their Eyes Were Watching Cod” by Megan Newcomb and Grace Katzmar; “Pride and Prego Dish” by Liz Butterfield.
- Honorable Mention – “Hop on Pop” by Sara Amato.
Viewing and Judging the Exhibits
For questions, contact Carol Drost, x6715, firstname.lastname@example.org.