Because Willamette University recognizes the need to effectively manage its dynamic organization, and preserve its history, we are committed to the retention and disposition of its records in order to:
- document our management decisions
- provide historical references of transactions and events
- demonstrate regulatory compliance, especially with Oregon state and federal laws
- enhance our organization's operational efficiencies
- provide litigation support
- preserve the university's institutional memory
Willamette University has begun implementation of its Records Management program. The following Records Management Policy has been put in place with regards to the retention and archiving of university records. Over the coming months information and forms will be added to this section of the Archives website as they become available. Access requires a valid Willamette University sign-in.
If you have any questions, please contact the Processing Archivist and Records Manager at 503-370-6147.