Use of Images
Archives and Special Collections offers the following services for a fee provided the requested reproduction does not damage the materials, violate donor stipulations, is in adherence to the fair use clause of the U.S. copyright law, and is within the capability of the Archives and Special Collections' staff. By reproducing materials, Archives and Special Collections is not granting permission to publish. For permission to publish, quote, broadcast, perform, or exhibit, contact the University Archivist. Additional publication costs may apply.
All reproduction from collections is handled by Archives and Special Collections staff.
- Onsite request (any size paper): $0.25 per page
- Offsite request (any size paper): $0.50 per page
- Large order fee: $5.00 per every 50 pages over the first 100 pages
- Requester is charged cost of shipping
- Scanned image only: $10.00 per image
- Scans can be delivered via email provided they are less than 10 MB or burned to a CD
- CD-rom: $5.00 each (researcher can provide cd with request)
- Postage: $3.50
- Email: no charge
Audio tape, CD-R, and DVD-R Duplication
- Willamette University faculty, staff, students, or departments: no charge
- Other scholarly or not-for-profit uses: $ per image / per use
- For-profit uses : $ per image / per use