Care and Handling of Materials
The following policies are intended to help ensure the preservation and future availability of our materials.
- Materials should not be handled in any way that could inflict damage. Refrain from leaning on, writing on, folding, or tracing over any items.
- One box is permitted on the table at a time. One folder of manuscripts or records should be removed from the box at a time. Folders must be kept flat on the table and pages must be kept in order.
- Cotton gloves are provided and must be worn when working with photographic materials or rare books.
- Book cradles will be provided and must be used for rare and fragile books.
- Use of individual items or collections may be restricted due to preservation considerations.