From I-5 (North or South)
- Take the Highway 22 exit (number 253).
- At the first light, head west (a left turn for those coming from the south, a right when coming from the north).
- Stay on Highway 22 for about 1.5 miles.
- As you pass 17th street you'll start up an overpass.
- At the top of this overpass there is an exit to the right.
- Take this exit (Willamette University is indicated on the sign).
- Keep left as the exit divides.
- After passing through the stoplight, you will see a Willamette University sign and entrance to the right. Pass by, and continue to the next stoplight, at Winter Street.
- Turn right on Winter Street, then pull into the Guest Parking lot immediately on the right.
From the Oregon Coast
- Take Highway 18 from Lincoln City (off Highway 101) east.
- Stay on Highway 18 for about 27 miles.
- Take the Salem exit (Highway 22).
- Stay on Highway 22 for about 26 miles.
- Highway 22 will take you into downtown Salem, crossing a bridge over the Willamette River, onto Center Street.
- Turn right on High Street.
- Turn left on State Street.
- Turn right on Winter Street (this is the northwest corner of campus).
- Just before the stoplight (Bellevue Street), turn left into the Guest Parking lot.
From the Cascade Mountains
- Take Highway 22 west.
- After your pass over I-5, follow the I-5 directions above.
Parking on Campus
Willamette parking permits are required on all vehicles (except motorcycles) every weekday between 8:00 am and 4:00 p.m., year-round. Motorcycles may park only in the designated motorcycle lot on the east side of Winter Street, between Lausanne Hall and Goudy Commons.
Guests invited to campus by University departments may park at no charge in the Guest Parking Lot at the northeast corner of Winter and Bellevue streets. Contact your host to reserve a parking place in advance.
Visitors to campus may purchase a one-day parking permit at the Parking booth at the northeast corner of Winter and Bellevue streets, if space is available: $5 all day or $3 after 12:00 noon. Metered and un-metered city parking is also available on Winter, State and Cottage streets nearby.